Saturday, May 20, 2006


The family has picked up "blogging." My wife and I both have them and read each others comments. We keep in touch with friends and loved ones and find out all the dirtly little secrets that the anonymity of the computer screen enables us to share. For example, I never realized that calling my wife a "nutball" would end up an international event or that a friend has an agreement with his toddler not to poop unless he is at work.

So, this new method of documenting our lives has become a staple of our relationships. Star Trek always seemed to find that uncharted planet with the pale, purple-silk clad men with heads the size of sputnik that had advanced to the point of telepathy. Well, instead of communicating by a supernatural link between the minds of individuals, the inginuity of man has developed a surrogate– the wireless laptop. Wont it be fun to have a full conversation with your table mates at the local watering hole using this telepathic intermediary without ever speaking a syllable.

Thanks for reading. More to come. . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger skbkmjfamily said...

I can't wait to get to know you more. Welcome to blogging, and please keep me entertained. You and Lara are two of the funniest people I know.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Meggan said...

You are in for a real treat Mr. Adam...or shall I call you Dr. Alder.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home