Thursday, February 22, 2007





I'm Back!!!

I am sure it wouldn't suprise the regular readers of this blog, but I'll say this anyway. I can be inconsistent about my blogging. So, for all of you who suffer from haven't-read-a-spyderdoc-blog-recent-publicationitis, it is time to take your medicine. Sit back. Relax and enjoy.

I enjoy fly fishing. It is technically challenging, hands on and thought provoking. It also happens to take you to some of the most beautiful places on earth. I recently took my interest to Sedona, Arizona. This small city is on the skirts of the Coconino National Forest and is the location of the Oak Creek, a small clearwater fishery nestled in the red rock canyons of the National Forest. I went during February and the 50 degree temperature was pleasant. An entire day of fishing with nymph's (Hare's ear, sz 18), streamers (wooly bugger in olive and black) and surface flies (midge cluster, sz 18; para adams, size 18) extended my abilities given the gin clear water and paucity of fish (saw two the entire day). It was an ejoyable day and I can't wait to get back out on the water.

Here is a short list of locations I would love to go. They are in no particular order.

1. Bitterroot River, Montana
2. Texas Coast for Redfish
3. Belize
4. Lower Mountain Fork, Beaver's Bend, OK
5. Guadalupe River, TX
6. Missouri River, Great Falls, Montana (Chad, I'll get there soon. I hope.)
7. San Juan River, New Mexico
8. Provo River, UT (This is a favorite)
9. Madison River, Montana
10. Little Red River, Arkansas

Now, these represent just a few of the locations I would like to fish. At this point in my life I am an opportunistic fisher who simply finds a place to fish when I travel for another reason. What would be really great would be to include my family, friends and others in these trips.

Good to be back. Enjoy the days you get to do what you love. Tight lines, y'all!

5 Comments:

Blogger skbkmjfamily said...

Umm how about Idaho, I hear we have some awesome fly fishing. Our bishop keeps his rod in his car at all times. If he has to be somewhere downtown he will leave early just to get in some 15 minute fly fishing on the grand old boise river. However I hear that northern Idaho and Hells Canyon are awesome for some fishing. Come on up. Oh and we are not too far from Oregon either

9:54 AM  
Blogger SpyderDoc said...

Don't take the lack of Idaho rivers as a snub. I also didn't include New Zealand, England, or Louisiana-- and those are all entire countries! Some day I'll get to the Salmon River, Silver Creek, and the Sawtooth Mountains. I could only include 10 in the top 10. BTW, Idaho is farther than the other destinations and I am not sure I could get a Visa to visit!

7:31 AM  
Blogger skbkmjfamily said...

Well seeing as they have your photo up in every airport, ummm okay our one very small airport, your right you might not get in. I just hope you get to enjoy it a little more this year.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, I know Louisiana is big, and that you once lived there, but I hadn't heard it claiming independence from the union for more that 140 years. Am I wrong, I have been playing online games for a bit, and working on selling my house, did I miss some news?

2:36 PM  
Blogger SpyderDoc said...

Sure the union purchased it for $0.03 an acre in 1892, but the War of Northern Aggression wages on in the hearts of many a Lousianian. Now I don't wave the "stars and bars", but since I lived there I have been granted dual citizenship.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home